Friday, December 22, 2006

It's official... I'm a nominee!

Today I was officially nominated as a peace corps volunteer! I am nominated for the English Teaching program in West Africa and I leave in June. I will find out all of the specific information after I pass all of the medical exams and get cleared legally. They said that a packet should come in about two weeks containing all of the forms that I have to get filled out by the doctor, dentist, and optomitrist. Then, once completed, I have to send them to the DC office and once they clear me they send my file to the person who is in charge of matching my skills with a specific country in the region and issuing me the formal invitation! At that point I will know my leave date, destination, and program details. That could be as far away as April! I am SO excited for all of this and can't wait to find out more details!!

No comments:

Post a Comment